Kikandwa Environmental Association (KEA) is a developmental community based organization founded in 1999 with purpose of addressing rural development issues and natural resource management. KEA was born out of the need to address the alarming low levels of food security, low income in the rural communities in addition to protecting against rapid degradation of natural resource on which more than 95% of Mubende and Mityana District depend for their livelihood.
KEA has grown into a strong organization through networking participatory planning at grassroot level and lobbying and advocating governments and other stake holders on the importance of agriculture and natural resource management issues in the district. KEA acts as a conduit to enable local communities to engage effectively with governments (Local, National, Regional and International), the private sector, NGOs and donor agencies in the sustainable development process. KEA has the self willing intention to share her experience /achievements and virtues with all other partners in Global Development.
Improved Environment and Natural Resource (ENR) for Sustainable Development.
To contribute to sustainable development, thereby improving the livelihood of the vulnerable rural
communities trough increased agriculture productivity and natural resource management.
- Membership is open to individuals, groups, clubs and associate members (National and International)
- KEA maintains partnerships with other organizations
- KEA emphasizes participation of all members and stakeholders in decisionmaking pertaining the work of the association.
- KEA believes in accountability and transparency in matters of finances, work membership and democratic governance of the organization
- The organization employs door policy where members and donors have access to any information they require
- KEA promotes affirmative action equal opportunity framework
SOURCE OF FUNDING
I. Local fund-rising activities.
II. Membership subscription.
III. Support from local and central Government.
IV. National and International Donors agencies.
Help the vulnerable to start income generating activities.